The Truth about Electrical Panel Upgrades
What is a panel upgrade?
A panel upgrade is simply changing your electrical panel (or main service panel), containing your home’s fuses/circuit breakers.
Why do I need an electric panel upgrade?
While you are having work done on your house you might find that this may be a convenient time to upgrade your electric panel. Reasons to consider upgrading your main service panel include:
- Your panel may be outdated and should be upgraded anyway. Electrical Panels with fuses and those made by Federal Pacific Electric (FPE), Bulldog/Pushmatic, Zinsco panels are known in the electrical industry to be hazardous.
- your homeowner’s insurance may demand installation of a new panel or you may want to put your home up for sale, at which point an upgraded electrical panel might be a selling point that will add value to your home or help you to find a buyer more quickly.
How do you know if it’s time to update your electrical panel?
Here are some symptoms that indicate your system is in need of an upgrade:
- Circuit breakers trip frequently.
- Your lights dim when you turn on other appliances.
- You have to use extension cords or adapters to create additional electric outlets for your home.
Circuit breaker panels have a life span of 25-40 years. If yours is older than that; if it’s in poor condition; or if it’s old and has only a few circuits, and your breakers DO NOT trip … those can be danger signs as well.
With an eye for quality, look no further than Electrician Techs to ensure proper installation and replacement of your electrical panel. We deliver on time, we are under budget and have the most highly-trained, industry-certified master electricians with years of experience working for both commercial and residential clients, calling us will be the best choice you will ever make.